In today’s age, false and misleading information can spread like wildfire online and through social media networks — often much faster than the facts. When your business is at the center of any misinformation, quick corrective action is essential for preserving your reputation.
In a guest blog for the Women’s Business Enterprise National Council (WBENC), How to Fight Misinformation in Your Industry, CEO Andrea Aker educates fellow woman business owners about monitoring for misinformation, preventative actions and the importance of having a crisis response plan in place before a crisis actually hits.
If you’re ready to explore pre-crisis groundwork, learn more about this subset of PR services. The right crisis response plan can be key to mitigating fallout, maintaining your reputation and affirming both client and employee loyalty.
For additional information about crisis communications, we also recommend these blogs:
- How to Make an Effective Post-Crisis Apology
- Don’t Panic: What Not to Do During a Crisis
- Thinking Ahead: Why Preparation is Paramount in Crisis Situations
- Why You Should Ramp Up Content Marketing During a Crisis
- How to Avoid Unintentionally Offending Your Audience
- How to Respond to Negative Comments Online
- Why Your Company Needs a Messaging Framework
Aker Ink is Certified Woman Owned by WBENC.